cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deny access from inside to internet

Jaro
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I need to deny  any traffic from my internal network to the internet, but I cannot do any any, because I need to logg it and there is so much traffic.

I tried to deny traffic from any to outside(interface), but this is not working.

I can add public ranges, but it is not very clear I think, my question is if exist something better.

Thank you

5 Replies 5

Nelson Neto's answer is correct

fbabashahi
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi , if you can , try to deny some particular protocols in TCP/UDP ports from your inside net as a source to destination any with ports like DNS(port 53),WWW(port 80)

Nelson Neto
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

But do you want to block the entry and exit of all traffic?

But you can create a rule:

access-list inside_dany_net extended deny tcp any any eq 80
access-list inside_dany_net extended deny tcp any any eq 443
access-list inside_dany_net extended deny tcp any any eq 8080
access-list inside_dany_net extended deny tcp any any eq 53
access-list inside_dany_net extended deny udp any any eq 53

access-group inside_dany_net out interface inside

But I recommend doing this by obj group to stay more organized.

Hello,

thank you for answers, but if traffic will go with port, let´s say 22,21 it will not deny communication.

To be clear, I have already made rule deny any any from any to any, it is okay, no traffic will go anywhere, but problem is with logs, i need to log only traffic which will go from inside to the Internet (not only few ports, but all range of ports).

Of course, I can enable logs on rule any any, but there is 33 000 matches per 2 minutes, so I need to make specific rule for logs.

Thank you

I personally do not know why anyone would want to do this, but I would use Sourcefire for it personally.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card