cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

does asa5505 support multiple public IPs?

yayasolenet
Level 1
Level 1

Can I assign multiple IPs for port forwarding on outside interface?

9 Replies 9

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

sure, you can create more than one static statement using different public IP/port combinations. (if you use ASA 8.3 code, the commands have changed. No more static command)

csaxena
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, we can.

For example Pre-8.3 config,

static(inside,outisde) tcp x.x.x25 25 10.10.10.1 25

static(inside,outisde) tcp x.x.x.80 80 10.10.10.1 80

Here is 10.10.10.1 is the private address of the server which can be our mail server and web server as well. We can access the same using x.x.x.25 for our mails from outisde and x.x.x.80 to access website.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Chirag

P.S.: Please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is answered. Do.rate helpful posts.

Do you need to assign both x.x.x.25 and x.x.x.80 to the outside interface?

No, with this confiruation you are not relating to the outside interface IP. Outside interface will be a different IP.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you need further assistance

Regards,

Chirag

P.S.: Please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is answered. Do.rate helpful posts.

You mean when I apply for more IPs. These IPs are routed to

my router. Router and the asa outside interface

has /30 ip for routing. The additional IPs do not

need to be assigned for a public pool like firebox then to be used?

Hi ,

Since you have /30 mask between ASA and router, you will have 2 ip address from the ISP, 1 for the outside interface of ASA and 1 for the router's interface. There is no requirement that they must be assigned to any public pool as such.

Hopefully i was able to answer your question.

Regards,
Akhil

If i got you right, in that case you can use the interface IP to use the port forwarding for various servers. Please correct me if i have not understood you correctly.

Hi,

There is no need to add x.x.x.25 and x.x.x.80 to the outside interface.The outside interface will have the different unique IP address in the same subnet as the x.x.x.25 and x.x.x.80. These are public ip address are uniquely assigned to the private IPs which are being statically translated.

Regards,
Akhil

csaxena
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Similarly 8.3 config will look like:

object network obj-10.10.10.1_1

host 10.10.10.1

nat (inside,outside) static x.x.x.25 service tcp 25 25

object network obj-10.10.10.1_2

host 10.10.10.1

nat (inside,outside) static x.x.x.80 service tcp 80  80

Hope this helps. Please reply if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Chirag

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card