cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Firepower Device Manager support HA configuration?

wangrui
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just wondering if I can configure HA in Firepower Device Manager, the on-box management interface? Customer bought two Firepower 2110 without FMC, still on the way.

I have to use on-box management, but I couldn't find the menu to configure HA in Firepower device manager on my lab ASA5515-X FTD.

It doesn't mention the HA configuration in Firepower device manager configuration guide.

Does it mean we have to use FMC to configure HA, FDM doesn't support it? Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yury Kudinov
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like not, it doesn't even support port redundancy, such as Port-channel. Can't find any good info about HA support for FP on box Device manager.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Yury Kudinov
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like not, it doesn't even support port redundancy, such as Port-channel. Can't find any good info about HA support for FP on box Device manager.

Yes, confirmed from a Cisco live doc, and it looks like doesn't support additional management user in the GUI. I was not able to add another user for GUI management. Only for CLI.

Any chance you share link to that Cisco live doc you've mentioned. Thanks.

Cisco Live doc BRKSEC-2050, page 66.

It seems that from version 6.3.0 and on, it is supported to configure HA from FDM.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/630/fdm/fptd-fdm-config-guide-630/fptd-fdm-ha.html

Thant's correct @panoschatz 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card