cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does the ASA 5515-X include the rails and brackets?

asdgasdf4sdfg
Level 1
Level 1

The datasheet contains the following regarding rails and brackets:

Cisco ASA 5512-X, 5515-X, 5525-X, 5545-X, 5555-X spare rail kit - ASA-RAILS=

Cisco ASA 5512-X, 5515-X, 5525-X brackets for rack mounting - ASA-BRACKETS=

The word spare seems to imply that it comes with a set of rails.  Does the ASA-5515-X come with rails and brackets, or must both of these be ordered?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6032/ps6094/ps6120/data_sheet_c78-701253.html

1 Accepted Solution
4 Replies 4

Wow once again, thanks a lot!

My 4948Es shipped with the stubby brackets, however the purchased "rail kit" was actually just a 1 foot long stationary bracket so it would reach the end of the rack.

I guess these use sliding rails.  Unless the ASA-BRACKETS= is the long 1 foot stationary bracket I'm thinking of?  I think it's just a spare set of stubby brackets though.

EDIT:

I found an ASA-REAR-RACK=.  I assume this is the 1 foot stationary bracket I speak of.

Would seem to me that the 3 first ASA5500-X models come with the usual barckets (in size) that you can find on the Cisco switches also.

The 2 last models come with the rails

Heres another document which seems to list the default "out of the box" setup more clearly

Check the Table 2.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6032/ps6094/ps6120/qa_c67-700608.html

- Jouni

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As noted in the Q&A document linked by Jouni, the three lower end (and shorter) X Series include only the basic brackets, no rails. They are adequate for an open relay rack (2 post). Given a four post rack, I prefer the optional rail kit (ASA-RAILS=) as the appliance is more securely mounted in such a setup.

I believe the ASA-REAR-RACK= SKU is specifically for the 5585X

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card