Level 6
Level 6

Dear Experts

if i am not wrong in Cisco we have a below vpn

IPSEC vpn ( point to point)

DMVPN

EZVPN

AnyConnect VPN for remote users

I have a 13 sites including 12 sites, on 12 small sites they have ADSL connection and in HO they have static ( my guess) so i can propose them easy vpn solution for their ADSL connection whenever their public  IP change they will form the vpn to HO.

will this solution will work.

Thanks 

5 Replies 5

Hi,
What hardware are you planning to use ASA or IOS Router?

- DMVPN/FlexVPN Site-to-Site VPN are supported on IOS Routers
- Dynamic/Static Crypto Map and VTI are supported on ASA

I'd personally use an IOS Router with either DMVPN or FlexVPN, this allows dynamic spoke-to-spoke tunnels to be established. As long as the Hub router has a static IP address the spoke routers, can have a dynamic IP address and still establish a VPN tunnel.

You can use any AnyConnect Remote Access VPN on either ASA or IOS Router (FlexVPN).

HTH

Dear RJI

i m preferring to provide ASA firewall which will do the IPS/malware/url functionality also for internet traffic , so on ASA 550X with firepower services, easy vpn can be configured with PPOE configuration but they don't have a small RJ11 interface as such routers have for ADSL connection which connects to telephone line, so in such case i have to approach ISP for the interface connection,

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa912/configuration/vpn/asa-912-vpn-config/vpn-easyvpn.html

Also i would like to know the DMVPN is supported in ASA/FTD firewall.

thanks 

Ok sure if you want the IPS/malware functionality then I can see why you'd use the ASA.

ASA does NOT support DMVPN, routers only.

Dear RJI,

As mentioned that PPOE connection from ASA will be through a RJ45 Ethernet interface, as if now the Branch router are having a RJ11 interface which are dialing through the line, so what i have to informed to the ISP when i moving to the Ethernet interface. do they will get some other device so that it can accept PPOE connection from my Ethernet interface,

Any hints please

thanks

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure that solution works, as long as you do not have requirement remote to remote not required connection.

all connection go through the Hub

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card