cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

End of Service for ASA5515-SSD120-K9

miguelsu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there. We currently have a ASA5515-SSD120-K9 we purchased for use with CX bundle. Cisco marked this model of firewall for end of service in August 2020  and encourage to migrate to Firepower. We migrated this CX to firepower some time ago using the same firewall. Why can't we keep going receiving service for this firewall as the ASA5515X end of service is August 2022? We are being forced to renew the HW two years early.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@miguelsu I had seen customers with a similar issue who had the old IPS modules. We were able to help some of them by getting Cisco to reclassify the affected units' serial numbers to reflect the new service module vs. considering it as an EOS model with the CX module.

It's a bit of a non-standard manual process but your partner or Cisco account team should be able to do it if they press the issue.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Sorry I post a zero text question by error. Please read the edited question

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@miguelsu I had seen customers with a similar issue who had the old IPS modules. We were able to help some of them by getting Cisco to reclassify the affected units' serial numbers to reflect the new service module vs. considering it as an EOS model with the CX module.

It's a bit of a non-standard manual process but your partner or Cisco account team should be able to do it if they press the issue.

Thanks Marvin for your answer. I will initiate this process in order to get the firewall reclassified. To whom in Cisco or support tool we should start with?

You're welcome.

I would check with your partner or Cisco account manager. Whichever one manages your Smartnet account billing should be able to start the process.

Hello Marvin,

It is been very difficult to get Cisco see into this issue. Investigating furthermore I can see there is still available for ordering this control license ASA5515-CTRL-LIC= . We did not order this for Firepower migration when we migrated the appliance. The appliance is working OK without it. Is this control license a means for Cisco to reclassify the firewall?

Thanks

The Control license is required to use the Firepower service module.

It has nothing to do with your maintenance contract though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card