Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error booting ASA 5506-X

Hi,

I have some problems booting my Cisco ASA 5506-X. The last time a could connect to the firewall I just tried to show the current configuration but it got blocked. 

After that, I don't get any message on the console and I don't get any prompt to interact with. 

I'm using the usb console port and the device is being mapped to my computer ( I tried with both linux and mac) but when I try to connect to the device with screen /dev/XXX 9600 I get an empty terminal and I get no kind of input even after pressing the enter key.

The device seems to be rebooted after some time also... I cant either connect to any of the eth ports... 

Any idea about what is wrong with my device?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using the mini-USB port for your console?

The full sized USB port is not console but rather for external storage (like a flash drive).

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/hw/maintenance/5506xguide/b_Install_Guide_5506/b_Install_Guide_5506_chapter_01.html#concept_9D78C2919B704624A739CF7E319AB046

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: