Views
Helpful
Replies

External access to internal vlan

vinayak-nayak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

I need to setup a solution where a set of CCTV cameras are within the private vlan (internal) but needs to be accessible by a 3rd party vendor from outside the network over internet. How to achieve this ? 

Is it just by putting an access-list for permitting an ip subnet from which the vendor would access it ? OR does this need some sort of VPN solution ? 

Note : The internet traffic goes through a firewall (which has the typical trust, untrust, dmz zones etc) and vlan falls under trust zone.

Please guide.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

You can have a nat solution which exposes these cctv to internet or provide a vpn access with only these cctv IPs.
I would recommend VPN for security reasons but you need to validate what access they need, sometimes they want a direct access from internet to avoid getting VPN for all customers.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

You can have a nat solution which exposes these cctv to internet or provide a vpn access with only these cctv IPs.
I would recommend VPN for security reasons but you need to validate what access they need, sometimes they want a direct access from internet to avoid getting VPN for all customers.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card