cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FirePower 8000 Device FQDN feature

subrun.jamil
Level 1
Level 1

I have Firepower 8000 Devices at Core Layer of my network. Code version for these Devices are 6.3.0.1. FMC for this device managed from is 6.4.0.4.

Does Firepower 8000 support FQDN Objects ? if yes can you provide reference to it  ? and tested it ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Marius Gunnerud I have doubt that it is supported for Firepower 8000 platform. Those platforms only run the classic Firepower OS.

The article you referenced is for Firepower Threat Defense devices. Also, when creating the prerequisite Platform Settings, we are only able to choose DNS settings when the platform is Threat Defense type, not Firepower (classic) type.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Yes FQDN is supported.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firepower-ngfw/214698-understand-fqdn-feature-on-firepower-thr.html

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

@Marius Gunnerud I have doubt that it is supported for Firepower 8000 platform. Those platforms only run the classic Firepower OS.

The article you referenced is for Firepower Threat Defense devices. Also, when creating the prerequisite Platform Settings, we are only able to choose DNS settings when the platform is Threat Defense type, not Firepower (classic) type.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card