cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower Threat Defense 6.2.3 CLI interface

BadPigeon
Level 1
Level 1

My company purchased some Cisco 2110 runing firepower threat defence v6.2.3 OS.

As I work remotely got someone to patch the new Cisco 2110 to Lab PC console port as well as 2110 ethernet 1/2 (inside interface) to a lab switch port that I can route to. The idea was simple one, we use inside data interface as management interface so all I had to do is to set eth1/2 interface on the lab IP subnet and change the default gateway so I can route out of the lab then I can get to the 2110 from anywhere via IP and then I can configure the box via web based Firepower Device Manager.

Read the config PDF and half the command refs can not work out how to configure

1) configure ethernet1/2 inside int as management/data interface and change IP

2) set/change default gateway

3) disable dhcp on 2110 so it doesnt interfere with the lab DHCP

4) disable management interface "interface Management1/1"

What used to be simple like "interface ethernet1/2" then configure int IP or a single command to set default gateway is now mission imposible. "no" infront of the command or anything else I can think of no longer works. How do we now go into interface configuration via CLI. I am sure there is a simple logical solution to this, any ideas/suggestions are much appreciated? Tx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The only interface which you can configure from CLI is the management
interface. Once you complete this, you should be able to configure FP
appliance from FDM or FMC.

configure network ipv4 manual #ip# #mask# #gateway#

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The only interface which you can configure from CLI is the management
interface. Once you complete this, you should be able to configure FP
appliance from FDM or FMC.

configure network ipv4 manual #ip# #mask# #gateway#

Thank you for that reply that now makes sense. I will have to get someone to change the management IP to our local LAN IP so I can get to it remotely configure the box then have them repatch to the inside network port eth1/2.

I don't suppose you would know if there is any issues using management interface as data inside interface or is it the case with this new kit that we are expected to have the management / data segregation via two physical ports > management 1/1 & ethernet 1/2 (inside).

Kind Regards
Dario
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card