Views
Helpful
Replies

Firewall reset

Narmi2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I first time configured ASA5510 and saved the settings. Now I wanted to make some changes in the configuration but not able to access the device.

when I lauch ASDM launcher, it gives error "Unable to launch device manager from 192.168.1.1" I tried from 192.168.0.1 but it does the same thing. The reset button on the rear side of ASA is not helping at all. Any suggestion?

2 Replies 2

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Imran,

Are you able to telnet to the IP 192.168.1.1? Can you ping it? I think it would be better to check if you have a crossover cable and connect it to the console and see the config.

Mike

Mike

hobbe
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

With the 5510 there came a blue serial cable, most likely it has a rj45 port in one side and a a 9 pin female serial port in the others side.

The cable is for you to use for configuring the ASA5510.

When all else fails this is the cable to use.

this lets you connect to the firewall and to do your configuration.

All you need is a computer with a serial port and a terminal software, if you have no software then you can use fx Putty.

connect the cable to consol on the ASA (blue marked port closest to the powersupply)

This will let you take control of the ASA.

N,8,1 9600 is the standard for the ASA.

Good luck

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card