cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Flexconfig policy to change app-agent heartbeat settings on FTD firepower 2100 series

hedhli.wael
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
we are trying to change the app-agent heartbeat of 1000 to 3000 using flexconfig policy on FMC but it is not working.
can anybody help us with that? we did something wrong for sure

Thanks

3 Replies 3

anilkumar.cisco
Level 4
Level 4
Any update on this..

I am also doing the same..

Any idea where need to apply in context mode or system mode
thanks

Hi,

I don't have a demo HW box to test it out, but i would say it's not gonna work as it shouldn't be supported via FlexConfig. FlexConfig is used to deploy mostly GUI unsupported features (but can be used also for GUI supported features) directly to the Lina(ASA). This heartbeat is a sort of keepalive mechanism used by FTD (not by Lina) to detect backplane connectivity with the FXOS chassis, so i don't see how you could push these settings via FlexConfig.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Hello Cris,

thanks for your reply..

yes I am completely agree with you and after doing some research, found the below link..

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa-command-reference/A-H/cmdref1/a2.html

app-agent heartbeat

To configure the heartbeat message interval for the app-agent (application agent) running on the ASA to check the health of the Firepower chassis, use the app-agent heartbeat command in global configuration mode

Command Modes

The following table shows the modes in which you can enter the command:

Command Mode

Firewall Mode

Security Context

Routed

Transparent

Single

Multiple

Context

System

Global configuration

·         Yes

·         Yes

·         Yes

·         Yes

Thus, what I understood it is CLI command and will work only in Global configuration mode, even not in context mode only on system mode....

Thanks for your quick reply..

Appreciated..

5++ start from me..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card