Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC Stuck in Deploying phase

ciscoworlds
Level 4
Level 4

Hi.

I have an FTDv (6.2.2.81) and an ASA 5515-x FTD (same version) in my lab. On FMC both devices stuck on "Deployment" phase and I cannot cancel it. I managed to stop the ASA FTD and restart the FMC and now it shows "Failed in Deployment" but cannot do the same for FTDv. I restarted FMC and completely powered off the FTDv, but again FMC tried to deploy the policies onto FTDv and stuck at about 40%. It doesn't allow me to deploy another policy and says the deployment is in progress. 

What can I do?

fmc0.jpg

13 Replies 13

Moon1998
Level 1
Level 1

I had same issue. Luckily, I had quite recent backup, so I tried restoring FMC from it. It helped, and next policy deployment succeeded.

What about traffic impact? If FMC gets stuck is there any risk traffic gets blocked on the ASA ?

This is the second time we have had this happen. It's a bug from 6.0, but must be back in the 6.2 code.

You have to open a TAC and they have to go clear/fix the database.

As it's compiling the change, there's no risk to the firewall as it is still running with the previous update.

Thanks for the answer; now is there a specific version affected like 6.2.x.y or or all 6.2.x versions?

Hi Florin,

I would suggest jumping to the latest 6.2.3 patch, a lot of bugs and CVE's are fixed.

The affcted relases are:

I opened a ticket support then Cisco's Engineer send me a script I push that scrip into the FMC and run its. Therefore I applied again the deploy with successful result.

regards

Dear c.sanchez,

Nice to know that you solved your issue, could you share this script with us.

am facing same issue here : (

BR,

Hamoud Hamdan

I am having this same issue on 6.2.3.7...awaiting TAC's response.

Did you solve it? 

I have the same problem...

I had the same problem at a client, opened a SR and TAC recommended to give FMC a reboot, did that and policy deployment time went back to normal (3-4minutes)

FMC version is 6.2.3.10

Facing the same issue Software Version 6.3.0 (build 84).
Waiting for TAC response.
14 appliances stuck in 40% Deployment - Policy and object collection complete.

I solved the problem.

My problem was with the firepower, my firewall erase, forgot, delete, the firepower module IP. I just rewrite the ip from my module and thats it.

Miguel52
Level 1
Level 1

Send command on FTD (sensor)

>expert
Password:
firepower:/home/root# pmtool restartbyid ngfwManager
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card