cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FP2100 : how to determine the box comes with FTD or ASA image?

TCAM
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new FP2100, can someone show steps and commands to determine the box comes with which image?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

You should be able to see depending on how the box has been ordered.
Otherwise you can see it in the firepower chassis manager or connecting on console, when you have the prompt like firepower-21xx# , you can type connect asa. If it doesn't work try with connect ftd. Based on which one will work, you'll know what version is installed.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

You should be able to see depending on how the box has been ordered.
Otherwise you can see it in the firepower chassis manager or connecting on console, when you have the prompt like firepower-21xx# , you can type connect asa. If it doesn't work try with connect ftd. Based on which one will work, you'll know what version is installed.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Thanks Francesco -  I will give it a try.  Let's say it was pre-loaded with ASA code and i need to upgrade it to the latest available one.  What are the upgrade steps?  Is there any difference than upgrade image on asa5500-x series? such as ftp/tftp image to asa then perform the upgrade.  Thanks

No difference in upgrade. Proceed as you were with an ASA box. Steps are the same.

Thanks
Francesco

Thanks Francesco.  One last question if you don't mind.  Licensing..... 

To run ASA code on FP2100, can i get away of not using smart license?  Can i use the old way "PAK" file license?  Do you  know?  My company won't allow ASA to access internet so smart license may not be an option.  I know we can also do satellite server via air gap but i prefer not to if possible.  Thanks

Didn't get such request yet and didn't tested because all my customers have adopted smart licensing.
I believe you need to ask Cisco licensing team to convert your smart licenses into classic and then add them on ASA. I don't see why it wouldn't work on ASA code.

Thanks
Francesco

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Francesco Molino as suggested you can do if you are familiar.

If not please use this guide to access the Console of FP2100

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/quick_start/fp2100/ftd-fmc-2100-qsg.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card