Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD 6.3

Wise_Man_1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

any update on the release date of FTD 6.3? last time I checked it was supposed to be released Q2 CY17, and what features should we expect to be there? Context support, FDM on 4100 & 9300, PBR, clustering for 15 nodes ...etc

Thanks

Wise

17 Replies 17

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The next release will be 6.2.2. I heard the beta is just wrapping up next week.

The main thing we expect is remote access SSL VPN (AnyConnect) across the FTD platforms - pretty much what we got with FTD 6.2.1 (which was for the Firepower 2100 series only). I've not hear about any other new features and would be surprised to see many (if any).

Multiple context support is definitely not coming soon.

Thank you Marvin

BR

Wise

Oliver Kaiser
Level 7
Level 7

6.3.0 was never planned to be released in Q2 CY17 as far as I know of. Like Marvin pointed out the next major update is 6.2.2 which will bring AnyConnect to all hardware platforms running FTD (not just FP2100). There will be some minor changes but I think it will be mostly bugfixes and AnyConnect.

6.3.0 will probably be released in the first few months of 2018.

Hi ,

I was only referring to your post 9 months ago, were you replied to my post on the release date of 6.2, you mentioned that 6.3 would be released in Q2 2017

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13167696/cisco-ftd-62-release-date

BR

Wise

Hmmmm... You are right - seems like I forgot this roadmap shift. The roadmap got updated a few months ago due to some priority adjustments, thats why 6.3 was pushed back to 2018.

Thanks Kaisero,

BR

Wise

Hi,

Can we have any updates on the release plan about 6.3 availability and features?

Thanks a lot.

Sergei.

Any update to the 6.3 release?

Thanks

Hi.
Is there any roadmap for FTD to gives us some estimation about possible features and possible time frames?

Dec 2018

Hi, 

6.3 may support Multi Instances (multi context) and improvement in deployment time. 6.3 may release in end of 2018 (DEC). 

-Abheesh

FTD 6.3.0 is out!

But it has no Release Notes...

Sure is.  Upgrade to it and let me know how it goes!!

:)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card