Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD and Anyconnect Licenses

LSA4
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

If i want to purchanse a FPR2140-NGFW-K9 with Anyconnect, will the below sku be sufficient??

L-AC-PLS-LIC=

and in order to manage it  can i use the below sku

FS-VMW-2-SW-K9 or do i have to get the FMC1000-K appliance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

FMC: You can use the virtual appliance and it is likely that you are fine with that. Install it with 16 GB of RAM and it will perform much better compared to the minimum 8 GB.

For AnyConnect, you buy the PLUS license for the number of VPN-Users you have and the subscription term of your choice. I typically use the 5 years term. The AnyConnect license has to be converted to Smart Licensing in the license portal. After that you can use it with your FTD.

View solution in original post

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That Anyconnect SKU is the term license. You would still need to add the Banding SKU and number of licenses (users) and term (1, 3, 5 years etc.) you need. (The minimum quantity is 25.)

You can manage it with a virtual FMC. You should order using the Smart Licensing enabled FMCv SKU. for example:

SF-FMC-VMW-2-K9

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

FMC: You can use the virtual appliance and it is likely that you are fine with that. Install it with 16 GB of RAM and it will perform much better compared to the minimum 8 GB.

For AnyConnect, you buy the PLUS license for the number of VPN-Users you have and the subscription term of your choice. I typically use the 5 years term. The AnyConnect license has to be converted to Smart Licensing in the license portal. After that you can use it with your FTD.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That Anyconnect SKU is the term license. You would still need to add the Banding SKU and number of licenses (users) and term (1, 3, 5 years etc.) you need. (The minimum quantity is 25.)

You can manage it with a virtual FMC. You should order using the Smart Licensing enabled FMCv SKU. for example:

SF-FMC-VMW-2-K9

Do you still get 2 free anyconnect licenses like with the ASA products?

The ASA still "thinks" in the old legacy licensing and grants you two AnyConnect connections. But that will not give you any download-rights or the right to use the AnyConnect client.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card