Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD-HA mode ether channel failure

Support ACME
Level 1
Level 1

Dear ALL,

I 'm setup the FTD 2140 with HA mode, we have two interface, one is outside port ( TWO 10G port as etherchannel 1), one is internal port ( TWO 10G port as etherchannel 2 with 5 VLANS subnet)), the each etherchannel group is connected to two Cisco switch, and the switch is  stack mode, i have a question are below listed

1. if i shutdown the FW1 two outside network port, the traffic can't go thought, the FW1 can't failover to FW2, Anyone can help to solve the problem?

2. i found when i enable any monitoring Interfaces, the FW2 status is said failed, not standby already, Can help to explain more?

Support

2 Replies 2

GRANT3779
Spotlight
Spotlight
When FW1 is up and passing traffic, what is the status of the Etherchannel to FW2 when looking at it from the switch perspective?

Dear GRANT3779,

I had solved the etherchannel can't failover issue, it should be the port channel setting, it is becasue i set the all port into same channel group.

In my case, it should have 7(one is diagnostic port) interfaces under monitored interfaces list, should  I enable the all inside port to "Monitor this interface for failures" and change the failure Limit  -> number of failed interfaces exceed to 3(because we total have 6 monitored interfaces)?

Support

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card