cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD Licensing

Taz_
Level 1
Level 1

I am configuring ASA 5506x FTD firewall using FDM as the customer don't have EXSI server environment to install FMC now. If I put the URL filtering and other treat defense licenses on FDM is it possible to put the same licenses on FMC when we install FMC for the device?

3 Replies 3

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The licenses should be part of the smart license inventory for your company. If you disable the feature before moving over from FDM to FMC, the smart license portal should receive that back for you to use when you sync the FTD to the FMC. Note that all the config will have to be wiped away when you move from FDM to FMC managed FTD. 

Thanks a lot for your information :)

I have another question. Is it possible to configure the FTD firewall using CLI? From the documentation I found that it's not , but is there any way?

CLI configuaration via cli is not possible. You can only perform some show commands. Altelratively you may look on under FlexConfig on the gui. This is for configuration not supported in the gui. Basically you can input your conifugration commands there and then you can apply them to your FTD policy.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card