Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD Port-Channel

fatalXerror
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Experts,

I would like to know if FTD can connect to a stack switch using port-channel? For example, FTD01 connects to Switch-1 and Switch-2 via port-channel and this Switches are stacked together.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

GRANT3779
Spotlight
Spotlight
Hi,
How are you managing the device? If FMC then yes this is possibe. If you are using FDM i don't believe this is yet supported, or it wasn't in 6.3.

hi @GRANT3779 , in what way should i configure the ports in the stack switches if I use port-channel in FTD or redundant interface in FTD? thanks

Are you port channeling back to one logical switch as in one switch stack?

Last time I tried to configure redundant interfaces on an FTD 2100 this feature wasn't supported but Port Channel is supported. Redundant Interface and Port channel are technically different

Just for info -

This PDF states the following for Redundant Interfaces - I am not sure if this has changed in newer versions though. This is for 6.2.

You can however configure port channel and it tells you how also.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/622/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v622/interfaces_for_firepower_threat_defense.pdf

Model Support
• EtherChannels are supported onFirepower Threat Defense device appliances only; they are notsupported
on the Firepower Threat Defense Virtual.
• For theFirepower 4100/9300 chassis, you configure EtherChannelsinFXOS, not in theFirepower Threat
Defense device OS.
Redundant interfaces are not supported on the Firepower 2100, Firepower 4100/9300 chassis.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card