Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD upgrade via FMC

NeWGuy1109
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to upgrade my logical FTD Devices from Version 6.2.3 to 6.4.0.7... i have a couple of queries regarding that listed below :

1) I need to upgrade to major version 6.4.0 first and then apply the patch 6.4.0.7 ? is this correct ?

2) My FXOS is already compatible with version 6.4.0 .. currently it is FXOS v. 2.6 (1.174)... i heard that while upgrading FTD.. FXOS also gets upgraded ..is this correct ? if yes then since FXOS is already on an upgraded version will i encounter any error because of this ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there! 

1) That is correct, you must upgrade to 6.4.0 first and then apply the desired patch

2) This depends on the hardware platform that you are running. FXOS for Firepower 9300s and 4100s is upgraded independently. FXOS for Firepower 2100s and 1100s is part of the application image (ASA or FTD) and it is upgraded during the application upgrade. 

I hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there! 

1) That is correct, you must upgrade to 6.4.0 first and then apply the desired patch

2) This depends on the hardware platform that you are running. FXOS for Firepower 9300s and 4100s is upgraded independently. FXOS for Firepower 2100s and 1100s is part of the application image (ASA or FTD) and it is upgraded during the application upgrade. 

I hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply... the platform is 4100 .. so if i understand this correctly .. there shudnt be any problem if the FXOS is already upgraded.

Yes, the FXOS upgrade on the 4100s is a independent from the FTD/ASA upgrade. So, as long as you are running a version of FXOS that is compatible with FTD 6.4.0.x then you should be good to go. Please remember that your FMC should be the first device to be upgraded. 

Hey..

I have encountered an issue if you can help out with... after uploading the image in FMC .. when i launched the readiness check .. it just states initiating readiness check and i cannot see any progress nor there is any task for it... i m on FMCv .. is it normal behaviour ?

Yes, there should be a running task after you launch the readiness check process. You might have to give it a min to show up but there should be one. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card