Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM from multiple mode to single mode issue

HI expert:

I have a issue that end user want to make a multiple mode to single mode.i know do this change,the FWSM mode will reload,but i don't know whether the 7600 will be influence?For example,the supvisor engine and other line card...
Could you tell me the answer?
thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rps-Cheers | If it solves your problem, please mark as answer. Thanks !
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As i said, reloading this module because you're switching from multi context to single context, won't affect other modules. However it can affect your traffic during the time you reboot it and modify the config.
Is that clear?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

I'm sorry i don't get your question. You want to migrate a fwsm from multi context to a single context? Right?

Your question is what impact this will have on your 7600 router?
If so, it won't reboot but it'll, for sure, have impact. Now how big the impact is, it's difficult to say, it depends on your config (rules, routing...).

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hello Francesco Your understanding is correct. My question is how the FSWM switch from multiple mode to single mode will affect other boards on the CISCO7600. For example, if the FWSM is restarted due to the switch mode, whether the engine and other line cards will be affect , or reboot. Thank you

As i said, reloading this module because you're switching from multi context to single context, won't affect other modules. However it can affect your traffic during the time you reboot it and modify the config.
Is that clear?

Thanks
Francesco

ok ,get it,thanks a lot

You're welcome

Thanks
Francesco
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card