Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM security level

arpportoPereira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I needed to block traffic between some VLANs by default in the same context of fwsm.

Can I remove the permission that allows traffic between VLANs with the same level of security (same-security-traffic permit inter-interface) and put those VLANs with the same level and automatically block the traffic between them, the rest of the Vlans I can put them with different security levels, and allow the communication between them, is this good practice? There are any restrictions?

Thanks for the help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ajay chauhan
Level 7
Level 7

Yup thats the way it should be once you remove -same-security-traffic permit inter-interface no communication will be there between even they do have same security level. I dont think there should be any issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ajay chauhan
Level 7
Level 7

Yup thats the way it should be once you remove -same-security-traffic permit inter-interface no communication will be there between even they do have same security level. I dont think there should be any issue.

thanks

Hi can you please guide me how FWSM is configured in your environment actually I need to deploy FWSM in transparent mode in my environment.

Regards

Ambivert SKill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: