Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM security level

arpportoPereira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I needed to block traffic between some VLANs by default in the same context of fwsm.

Can I remove the permission that allows traffic between VLANs with the same level of security (same-security-traffic permit inter-interface) and put those VLANs with the same level and automatically block the traffic between them, the rest of the Vlans I can put them with different security levels, and allow the communication between them, is this good practice? There are any restrictions?

Thanks for the help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ajay chauhan
Level 7
Level 7

Yup thats the way it should be once you remove -same-security-traffic permit inter-interface no communication will be there between even they do have same security level. I dont think there should be any issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ajay chauhan
Level 7
Level 7

Yup thats the way it should be once you remove -same-security-traffic permit inter-interface no communication will be there between even they do have same security level. I dont think there should be any issue.

thanks

Hi can you please guide me how FWSM is configured in your environment actually I need to deploy FWSM in transparent mode in my environment.

Regards

Ambivert SKill

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card