Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting problem with FPR2110 ....both FPR2110 becomes active suddenly

GMahendra
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

We seen the both FPR2110 becomes active-active suddenly.it was working fine  in active-standby fail-over. we have used direct ethrenet cable for cross/sync link between to firewall. FPR2110 IS MANAGED BY fmc.

Also seen the CPU utilization primary firewall is 100%

Attached the logs.

Please help me for further troubleshooting.

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since the failover reason is "hello not heard from mate" and it's a direct physical connection, I would try replacing the Ethernet cable first.

The failover code is pretty stable as it is based on the code from the ASA where it has been a feature for many years. A software bug is unlikely. What version are you running?

If replacing the cable doesn't fix it then I would open a TAC case. There could be a hardware problem with one of the units.

Dear Marvin,

Version is 6.2.3.4 . I have replaced cable but getting same thing. The only primary device having problem as on FMC i seeing error for this. This is happening when primary  device having very high cpu utilization( 100%).

Please suggest.

Issue still not resolved. do you have any idea on this... 

"...open a TAC case. There could be a hardware problem with one of the units."

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card