Views
Helpful
Replies

H323 Inspect activated and phone call works

Luis Carranza
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings people!!

I open this post to ask you for your help, I got a problem yesterday with a customer that says that the calls from a CISCO IP Phone 7961 to an Alcatel 4018 IP Touch didn't work, well the phone rings but there's no voice; I manage a CISCO ASA version 8.2(1) and I was checking the Inspection Rules in the Service Policy Rules section and when you open the inspection_default at the Rule Actions tab I find that the H.323 H.225 and H.323 RAS box wasn't checked so I ask to the customer to made a test and the same problem happen so I checked both box and again ask to the customer for a test and it works.

I was talking to a partner and he said that maybe this Inspect fix some signaling parameters of this protocol that can't work fine behind of a firewall. but I wan't know how it REALLY works, so those anybody had any answer to this.?

Regards

1 Reply 1

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Luiz,

Please go through this very good doc for VOIP traffic, this should answer your questions:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008081042c.shtml

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card