Level 1

Hi All,

Whenever I boot up my 5520 this is what the status lights look like:

Power - solid green

Status - solid amber

Active - solid amber

VPN - solid green

Flash - off

I've reseated both RAM and system flash to no avail. I've tried replacing the flash with one from a router that I know was working and still nothing. Tried RAM from a 5510 that was just working and I just took out yesterday and still nothing. Also, I have no idea how the VPN light could be on. There's no response from the console port and it's not covered by Smartnet...I just dusted it off from the storage room a few weeks ago to see if it was working.

Any idea what the problem could be/how to fix it?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated as getting this up and running would be really helpful.

Regards

Xavier

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

andamani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Xavier,

Looks like a faulty ASA. Only way to fix it is either get a brand new one, or place the ASA in smartnet contract for an  RMA.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.: please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

andamani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Xavier,

Looks like a faulty ASA. Only way to fix it is either get a brand new one, or place the ASA in smartnet contract for an  RMA.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.: please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card