cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hi I need a Help

tinmk
Level 1
Level 1

HI, I have a question. First off all my design is My ISP is conected to router > Cisco ASA5520 > L3 Switch and to LAN.Every configuration is done at the Cisco ASA. Now my question is i have some public IPs. I have nated some of the public IPs and it is working fine. But I cant ping the nated public IPs from outside the network or from internet. I need the public IPs to be get pinged from the Internet. Before it was working and suddenly now the IPs are not get pinged.

Please give a solution.

3 Replies 3

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Tino,

The best I can suggest is, take captures on the ASA outside interface for the ping packets, checvk whether the packets are reaching the firewall or not. If no, contact your ISP.

Also check if you have icmp allowed on your ASA, check the ACL that you have applied on the outside interface, if its not there then you can add an icmp any any ACL on it.

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Security Team,
Cisco TAC

Thanks,
Varun Rao

Hi thanks for the suggestion, I have checked the packets, they are reaching the firewall. I added a ACL ICMP any any and it is not working...

Hi Tino,

Apply the same captures on the inside interface as well to check if they are getting any replies back from the client..

this will help you:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17814

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Security Team,
Cisco TAC

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card