cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you manage configs?

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm more curious than anything. I have ASAs at our primary site and ASAs at the DR site. I'm curious to see what you guys do with syncing those configs. The primary site has some differences from the DR site, so for now, I've been tftp'ing the config from both the primary and DR sites, running the configs through a text comparison utility. Is there a better way to do this? How do you sync your configs over to your sites?

Thanks!

John    

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
2 Replies 2

Haider Malik
Level 1
Level 1

Try Solarwinds NCM.

Configuration Comparisons and Rollback

SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager enables you to identify and repair unauthorized and failed network configuration changes.

You can sheulded automatic Download the Configuration / saved in the Database / Upload / Compare / reporting / Email Alert / RealTime change Alerting with the same software . Easy to install and download for 30 days evaluation.

http://www.solarwinds.com/network-configuration-manager.aspx

prateeve
Level 1
Level 1

Hi John,

Tftp'ng does not copy certificates if you are using VPN's. For that you could take backup from ASDM , those would take backup of the certificates as well.

- Prateek Verma

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: