cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to connect a Blackberry to and ASA vpn

powermann
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA configured for anyconnect. It works fine. I am trying to connect my BB to it so that i can connect to a voip server on my inside network. I know that cisco does not have an anyconnect client for the BB. Do you know if the connected can still be made and what changes would be needed on the ASA on BB. I would really appreciate it. Thanks much.

MGR

1 Reply 1

Hi Bro

Based on this URL http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asa-vpn-compatibility.html#wp169765 Blackberry isn’t listed as a proven tested product by Cisco.

Nonetheless, I spoke to some of my buddies here in Malaysia, and according to them, the BlackBerry VPN client can be loaded on a BlackBerry and successfully establish a VPN tunnel with a Cisco ASA FW only via PPTP method, not SSLVPN, IPSEC, AnyConnect etc. This works best on certain BlackBerry models.

Version 6.0 - BlackBerry Bold 9650/9700/9780, BlackBerry Curve 9300/9330, BlackBerry Pearl 9100, BlackBerry Style 9670, and BlackBerry Torch 9800.

Version 7.0 - BlackBerry Bold 9790/9900/9930, BlackBerry Curve 9350/9360/9370/9380, and BlackBerry Torch 9810/9850/9860.

Smartphones and Tablets:

Version 10.0 - BlackBerry Playbook

Warm regards,
Ramraj Sivagnanam Sivajanam
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card