Helpful
Replies

How to manage Licenses in ASA 5510

Hi Support team,

Here i am providing my ASA 5510 licenses

ASA 5510-CSC10-K9

ASA-CSC10-PLUS

ASA-CSC10-USR-100

Will give me step by step details to register these licenses.

First time i am going to configure ASA 5510 firewall.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Janardhan

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

mrdogantr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

To upgrade the current license of your cisco asa firewall, you need to order a new license key from Cisco at www.cisco.com/go/license. You will receive a new license key in your email after a couple of hours. This license key is a five element hexadecimal string in the form 0xffd8624e (as an example).

To apply this new license key in your security appliance, configure the following:

#conf t

(config)#  activation-key 0xffd8624e

(config)#exit
#copy running startup
#reload

hth

Muammer

View solution in original post

hi Janardhan,

you dont need any licenses to support isp failover

here is the link which will help you with repect to licensing

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/license.html

As far as aplying the licenses is concerned, apply the base license for the csc module and then the security plus license, these will have activation keys that need to be entered

for 100 user license i dont htink you will be given any activation key you will have to login into csc module go to adminstration just register there, the file which would be sent to your from licensing@cisco.com will have the instructions

Please let us know if this answers your queries

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mrdogantr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

To upgrade the current license of your cisco asa firewall, you need to order a new license key from Cisco at www.cisco.com/go/license. You will receive a new license key in your email after a couple of hours. This license key is a five element hexadecimal string in the form 0xffd8624e (as an example).

To apply this new license key in your security appliance, configure the following:

#conf t

(config)#  activation-key 0xffd8624e

(config)#exit
#copy running startup
#reload

hth

Muammer

Hi Mummer,

Thanks for your response.

Here i had total four licenses. How to manage these four licenses ??????

I need steps in order....

These are my four licenses...

ASA 5510-CSC10-K9

ASA-CSC10-PLUS

ASA-CSC10-USR-100

ASA 5500-ENCR-K9

Is these my licenses will support ISP failover????

Regards,

Janardhan

hi Janardhan,

you dont need any licenses to support isp failover

here is the link which will help you with repect to licensing

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/license.html

As far as aplying the licenses is concerned, apply the base license for the csc module and then the security plus license, these will have activation keys that need to be entered

for 100 user license i dont htink you will be given any activation key you will have to login into csc module go to adminstration just register there, the file which would be sent to your from licensing@cisco.com will have the instructions

Please let us know if this answers your queries

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: