cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HTTP Strict-Transport-Security Header CSCvc82150

hmc250000
Level 1
Level 1
Which version of the ASA software actually has the fix for this vulnerability? HTTP Strict-Transport-Security Header CSCvc82150.
1 Reply 1

I would not expect that this will get fixed/handled anytime soon.

1. It's not really a bug, it's a feature-request.
  2. Although I also would really like to see it on the ASA (and every device using HTTPS), there is no real threat with not having that feature. It is important when a device is reachable through HTTPS and HTTP because then a MitM-atack could circumvent your security. But on the ASA, there are no services that can be reached in cleartext. From the public there are SSL/TLS-VPNs which are not available through HTTP and from the inside (your trusted network) there is the ASDM that also won't run without SSL/TLS.
  3. Also if HSTS would be available on the ASA, the client also has to honor it. For browser-based access this is widely available, but I don't think that AnyConnect and Java (for ASDM) does it.

While thinking about it, there could be a possible workaround:

If you have a publicly reachable webserver that is using the same domain as the ASA, you can configure that for HSTS. This domain then can be entered to the HSTS preload list. As mentioned, I don't think that it will make any difference for AnyConnect and ASDM, but your clientless VPN-users will start using HTTPS also if they don't specify it in the browser.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card