cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

import of objects that creates an object-group,

Bryan Byers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have a customer that has a question… Is there any way to do an import of objects that creates an object-group, via an excel sheet?

I have not found any documentation that would suggest or not a way,  I wanted to check with an expert resource to see..

My customer has about 250 URL’s that would need to added to a policy object group for example “OneDrive rule” or other cloud app and they are trying to find a way to do it without having to do it by each individual URL.

2 Replies 2

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Save the Excel spreadsheet as a CSV and parse it in Python, run each line through a Jinja template representing an ACE and output the result to a text file to be pasted into the CLI. Or combine with the netmiko library and configure the device as part of the script.

About 30 lines of code. (use of Jinja may be a bit overkill, string.format() would be suitable)

Can you share part of the spreadsheet, or at least the format? I could write the script tonight.

cheers,

Seb.

Thanks very much... I am working to get this from the customer...
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: