cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Initial Configuration of 5506-x

JosephPhilip1
Level 1
Level 1

I am very new to Firewalls. My Company recently bought some 5506-X with FTD Licences. I am not familiar with configuring this device. If I take the console access to this device its not similar to the conventional ASA insted it ask us to set some management IP and all these things. So do anyone have any guides or ideas on how to configure this one? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Initial configuration for management interface IP and which subnets are allowed to manage the device can be done through CLI.  For the actual access policy configuration you would need access to the GUI.  I have never tried connecting a PC directly to the management interface so you might need a cross-over cable for that if you do not have a dumb switch you could use for a staging area.

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

--

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use this guide to start configuration of the ASA5506 with FTD.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/quick_start/5506X/ftd-fmc-5506x-qsg.html

Is there any way I can configure this device without connecting to internet or any switch. I usually configure the ASA's and then put it in production. I want to know whether we can do the same with this device ??

You can definitely configure it through console,

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/quick_start/sfr/firepower-qsg.html

Initial configuration for management interface IP and which subnets are allowed to manage the device can be done through CLI.  For the actual access policy configuration you would need access to the GUI.  I have never tried connecting a PC directly to the management interface so you might need a cross-over cable for that if you do not have a dumb switch you could use for a staging area.

--

--
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: