Views
Helpful
Replies

Interface 'DataPlaneInterface0' is not receiving any packets

huucuonghumg
Level 1
Level 1

Dear everyone,

I have problem witch install firewall asa 5525X, version IOS sfr 5.3.1, version firesight management 5.4.0.  I was add firepower sfr to firesight management done, but cannot show any data or traffic from firesight, 

critical: Critical Modules:1,Normal Modules:10,Disabled Modules:18
Module Interface Status: Interface 'DataPlaneInterface0' is not receiving any packets

Pro can help me please. Thanks you so much. 

6 Replies 6

yogdhanu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Is this a setup with active-passive set up of ASA where 1 ASA-sfr is active and other 1 is standby mode ? and you see this message on the standby sfr

If that's the case then its expected behavior as the Firesight see both the sfr as individual modules and not in failover state. It doesn't know about the sfr being in standby state and is not expected to receive traffic and thus shows this error.

If this is a single sfr , please check the redirection on acl in asa to make sure if traffic is being redirect to sfr as it simply indicates sfr is not receiving any traffic.

Rate if helps.

Thanks

Yogesh

Hi yogdhanu,

that right, i install active - stanby (HA on asa). can you tell me more details how to show traffic on firesight. 

my skype: huucuong_humg. Thanks for respond!

Hi

You don't really need to do anything to be able to see traffic on firesight once the registration is done.

Just make sure that the access control policy rules have logging enabled. If that's there , you would see connection events from whichever sensor is active.

Hope it helps.

Yogesh

Hi yogdhanu,

please tell me how to make access control policy rules have logging enabled. I have edit for very long time access control policy but nothing change.

Thankyou so much!

Hi

Check the attached screenshot. logging needs to be enabled on the rule.

If its there and you still don't see logs, it probably requires a TAC case.

Thanks

Yogesh

Hi yogdhanu

thank you for reply. i have try do your way but still not ok. because i buy firewall asa from the third company so cisco does not support.

thank you so much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card