cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Content Filtering Using TrendMicro: Can I customize the block-page redirect-url?

I have IOS content filtering using the Trend Micro subscription service working on a 2911 running 15.1.(3)T3 with the security license option and a 30 day demo Trend subscription.

Once I figured out that the content filtering for Trend appears to be completely broken in 15.2 (even using docs for 15.2) I went back to 15.1 and it works great.

Everything seems great so far except I would like to have a more 'fancy' or custom blocked page where a user can have a couple links to either go to the trend micro reporting page http://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com/result.php or some other page, and maybe some branding so they know the page is coming from our network and is not some fake security thing or phishing attempt or whatever.

I know I can use the 'parameter-map type urlfpolicy trend ' section to do a tiny bit of customization of the text that appears on the default blocked page display and there is an option for it to go to a simple redirect instead ('block-page redirect-url') but I wonder if anyone has any ideas on how to do more with either the built in page or the redirect-url to keep the information of what page the user was trying to access and why it was blocked (category etc.) while adding more features.

Thanks!

Oh, one last thing, this doesn't support any kind of 'user override' or anything like that does it? So that a network can have a filter applied but an admin could override the filtering to allow temporary access to something?

1 Reply 1

Hmm... no thoughts over the weekend. Anyone?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card