Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS monitoring

Hi everyone,

I want to implement IPS in my network design .i have ASA 5545 on 30 different sites .Can anyone please suggest me solution for that .Do i go for FirePower software or hardware  or any other option ?

Thanks in advance 

5 Replies 5

Marcel Maeder
Level 4
Level 4

Do you need an IPS just for perimeter or in the internal network?

Does every site need an IPS?

How much traffic does it need to process?

Hi Marcel ,

Actually its client requirement that they need IPS module for every single location .

Traffic is very less but its requirement .

Its kind of perimeter .

issue for mr is they want to manage all these IPS from 2 locations simultaneously.Can i do that with firepower ? 

If i calculate total number of IPS its more than 30 .

With the Firepower Management Center you can manage all these IPS with one GUI. I don't know if you can add the devices to two management centers and how they behave then.

Thanks Marcel 

You will need the hardware appliance version of FirePOWER Management Center. Something like the FS2000 or larger, depending on your traffic levels and total number of users.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/firesight-management-center/datasheet-c78-732251.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card