Views
Helpful
Replies

Java security warning when starting ASDM

bberry
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am trying to figure out what I am missing in regards to getting ASDM to run without the attached warning. If I update my Java ASDM will no linger work. I can uninstall Java, re-install my lower version and ASDN starts working again just with the attached warning. I came across another post about SSL settings and mine look similar to the other post. This all started when I had to rebuild my desktop and moved to Windows 7. My Java is version 7 update 45. I also have nowhere to add a site exception for Java.

mem-asa# sh run all ssl
ssl server-version any
ssl client-version any
ssl encryption rc4-sha1 aes128-sha1 aes256-sha1 3des-sha1 dhe-aes128-sha1 dhe-aes256-sha1
ssl trust-point ASDM_TrustPoint6 outside
ssl certificate-authentication fca-timeout 2
mem-asa#

I am running the following...

ASA Version: 9.1(2)

ASDM Version: 7.1(5)100

I did not know if a simple upgrade would correct this as so far I have seen nothing in the release notes or come across anyone else with this issue. O am trying to get it addresses as our desktop folks are wining about my Java not 100% up to date.

2 Replies 2

This is just a regular certificate warning, meaning you do not have the ASA's self signed certificate installed on your computer any longer...which would make sense since you rebuilt your PC.

This link explains how to create a self signed certificate to use with ASDM

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asdm/7_1/release/notes/rn71.html#pgfId-556909

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

--

Forgot to mention that the same document also has a section that talks about Java and browser compatibility issues.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asdm/7_1/release/notes/rn71.html#pgfId-556433

--

--
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: