Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Latest- Stable Cisco ASA 5525 version inclduing ASDM and Cisco Anyconnect

Hi Tech Mates, 

I am currently running Cisco 5525 on 9.2.(2)4 with asdm-771-151.bin. 

Cisco Anyconnect version is for windows:

anyconnect-win-2.5.2014

anyconnect-linux-2.5.2014

anyconnect-macosx-i386-2.5.2014

Any Cisco expert can guide if which version I should upgrade my ASA/ASDM/AConnect to?

Appreciate your recommendation. 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

As a general advice I would go for the newest interim-release of 9.8 with the newest ASDM available and also the newest AnyConnect. And include the ASA in your patch-management and be prepared to update the ASA once or twice a year.

View solution in original post

The ASA will accept the files and upgrade just fine. You don't have a legal entitlement to use them without Smartnet.

Same thing goes for the AnyConnect client.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

As a general advice I would go for the newest interim-release of 9.8 with the newest ASDM available and also the newest AnyConnect. And include the ASA in your patch-management and be prepared to update the ASA once or twice a year.

Hi Karsten, 

I agree. Thanks for your reply. Is it safe to move from 9.2(2) 4 to 9.8.3 in one go. 

Is there any intermediate upgrade I need to perform? Same question applies for ASDM/Anyconnect. 

Regards, 

Shahzad

9.2(x) can be directly upgraded to any later release (at least through the current 9.10(x)).

The same applies to ASDM and AnyConnect.

Note that ASA and ASDM upgrades require a current support contract (Smartnet) on your ASA(s).

AnyConnect upgrades similarly require an active term subscription for AnyConnect Plus or Apex license types (or a Support contract for the less common perpetual and VPN only licenses).

Thanks Marvin,
Appreciate your response.

Do you mean without having ASA/ASDM on a smartnet ( SNTA ) will not allow me to upgrade?

Did not get this as I understand that Smartnet is for Licensing and activation.

The Anyconnect in my case is just the mobile/desktop client and not the anyconnect APP built in to the firewall.

Regards,

Shahzad

The ASA will accept the files and upgrade just fine. You don't have a legal entitlement to use them without Smartnet.

Same thing goes for the AnyConnect client.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card