Helpful
Replies

limit traffic bandwidth

AliMahm00di
Level 1
Level 1

Hello;

We have a cisco asa firewall. Tha asa version is 9.1.7

users connect remotely to an FTP server through anyconnect vpn connection. The problem is that we have a limited internet network bandwidth and when a user tries to download something over the vpn connection the network will be down and other users experience low network speed. 

is there any way to limit any connection traffic bandwidth based on user account?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what kind of FTP Server, you can do on most of the FTP Server per session based on user.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what kind of FTP Server, you can do on most of the FTP Server per session based on user.

BB

Thanks
I know that but I prefer to set it one time on vpn user account so there is no need to set this setting elsewhere in future. you know what I mean...

I understand requirement. but take example if you have 100+users connecting to VPN you need to do per user basis it going to huge task.

Other side user connecting to VPN still neeed to authenticate with FTP, so better restric from FTP Server side, for few users while creating them (personally this is best approach, but any other concerns happy to share).

BB

thank you so much for the reply.

I agree with you but what if we only want to limit the bandwidth when they are connecting remotely as we don't have this constraint when they connecting from inside, maybe a policy for remote users group will do...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card