cancel
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Firewalls Community

Views
Helpful
Replies

Loading ASA 5515-X Licenses

Greetings,

We are currently using an ASA 5525-X and we bought an ASA 5515-X with 250 licenses.

Can we use the 5515-X 250 licenses on the ASA 5525-X and how do we do that?

Thanks in advance,

Kombe..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Kombe, are you referring to

Kombe, are you referring to anyconnect licenses? If you do refer to anyconnect licenses and you've purchased it recently - version 4 (Plus or Apex) then:

- 250 overall users are entitled to use anyconnect service; the limit of 250 users refers to all users who'll use anyconnect at any time on any day - not simultaneous users

- licenses cover users and not devices like old anyconnect license does - so you can activate any number of ASAs that would offer anyconnect service to your users; go to www.cisco.com/go/license and get activation key for ASA5525-X

If you haven't migrated from old anyconnect licenses (essentials/premium) you'll have to contact licensing team as Aditya suggested. Licensing team will help you rehost licenses.

3 REPLIES 3
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Hi,

No, as the licenses are issued against the serial number of the ASA hardware.

You can, however, migrate the licenses on 5525 box from5515 by contacting Cisco licensing team.

Regards,

Aditya

Please rate helpful and mark correct answers

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Kombe, are you referring to

Kombe, are you referring to anyconnect licenses? If you do refer to anyconnect licenses and you've purchased it recently - version 4 (Plus or Apex) then:

- 250 overall users are entitled to use anyconnect service; the limit of 250 users refers to all users who'll use anyconnect at any time on any day - not simultaneous users

- licenses cover users and not devices like old anyconnect license does - so you can activate any number of ASAs that would offer anyconnect service to your users; go to www.cisco.com/go/license and get activation key for ASA5525-X

If you haven't migrated from old anyconnect licenses (essentials/premium) you'll have to contact licensing team as Aditya suggested. Licensing team will help you rehost licenses.

Enthusiast

I forgot: I'm pretty sure you

I forgot: I'm pretty sure you won't be able to rehost license (essentials/premium). SKU's were different for each ASA model. You'd need to purchase new anyconnect license if you use old anyconnect licenses.

But you can still ask licensing team to rehost license - maybe they'll be in a good mood and would rehost license despite different platform. :)