Views
Helpful
Replies

Long boot time using a urlfilter with a ZBF

slauzon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a weird problem, when I am using the whitelist/blacklist on a specific zone on the Zone Based Firewall, I have a boot time of 8 minutes prior to be able to log on the router using the console port. If I remove the url-filter, the boot time drop at 2 minutes, it's a 6 minutes difference. We also have a similar problem if we want to add another site to the whitelist.

We are using a 881G and 891 using the ios 150-1.M3

Thanks for your help on the subject.

1 Reply 1

slauzon
Level 1
Level 1

It seem that if you remove the service-policy urlfilter from your policy-map, you can now do your change without any problem. The more pattern you have in your parameter-map for your whitelist, the more time it will take for the change to be applied. This don't solve the boot time issue but if I have only one pattern, I don't have any long boot time.

The question I have now, is there a maximum of pattern you can apply to your parameter-map or a recommended maximum?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: