Views
Helpful
Replies

meraki mx64?

Martin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I am thinking of getting the above for my home network to provide firewall services.

I need to have the following features:-

Firewall

NAT and PAT

Port forwarding

DHCP server with static IP assignment options

Support for multiple VLANS/Networks

Internal routing between vlans

would the meraki mx64 be suitable and do they need any recurring licencing if so how much is this?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Meraki MX64 should have all these features. For the features you need would just need the Meraki Mx64 hardware (MX64-HW) and Enterprise license (LIC-MX64-ENT-1YR). You can refer the datasheet for more details on this:

https://meraki.cisco.com/lib/pdf/meraki_datasheet_mx.pdf

Adding to Rahuls answer, be aware that Meraki Devices need the license for operation. Keeping that in mind, I would always go for a three or better five-year license as they are less expensive per year.

so how much is the licence and where do we but them from?

is there any other option that does not require a licence

I just googled it cheapest 5 year looks around £500 that's too much for me, any other solutions that don't need a subscribtion

Yes. They aren’t designed to be a consumer solution. These are professional/enterprise products. They provide significant value for their street price.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card