Helpful
Replies

meraki mx64w reboot randomly

jose_espinoza
Level 1
Level 1

hi there

I have this Meraki MX65W, per description from our client:

Meraki MX65W serial number xxx-xxx-xxxx since we have had some problems with the equipment; I'll tell you briefly.

1. We tested the equipment in the Regional of YYYYYYYYY, the same configuration charge but did not give access to the internet; after restarting it several times it gave internet but it did not give connectivity by VPN. 
2. Then they gave us the equipment; we tested it in the XXXXXXX Regional, however the exact same thing happens. The computer loads the configuration but does not connect to the internet, after restarting it several times it starts to operate but it frequently falls to the point that it does not allow operation in the Regional office.

we saw the light at the front stay Gray , then suddenly change to flashing red, and then the device kick off the internet connection.

the current version running is 13.33

the community has around other 9 devices, same model, and they are stable, no sudden reloads or so.

any thoughts?

apppreciate any comment or support regarding this matter.

cordially 

jose 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

if this resolved can we mark as resolved, so other community members can refer as solution.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not that we aware of this kind if issue, if this is effecting business services, please raise an TAC case to handle in appropriate time.

other side, is there any recent upgrades ?

BB

hello there

yes this is affecting their bussiness, regarding upgrades, the other meraki are getting the auto upgrade fine, this one in particular, does not, due the quick and random reload and the second behaivor it is the disconnection from the internet can get the gateway nor DNS ,etc.

we will open a TAC ticket tomorrow.

thanks

jose

may be it was failed while upgrading took place.. as per my experience, Meraki should have capabilities to role back automatically if the upgrade fails.(as per the document)

BB

hi there 

unfortunately didn't complete any of the steps for afurther upgrade.

I believe that is not the case this time, since even did not try to push the upgrade, just stay up for 10-15 min linked to the group, then stops to being visible, and then gone, a red soild light at the front keeps for an hour or so and the cycle starts again.

I will open a TAC next Monday for this device.

thanks

FYI 

the issue ended witha RMA of the MX device.

the replacement is working fine.

thanks 

if this resolved can we mark as resolved, so other community members can refer as solution.

BB

hi there

I will do that

thanks for the reminder

cheers

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card