cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

multi domain PCs connecting to VPN

Richard Lucht
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup VPN for multi-domain PCs only.  I have a cert on an ASA that allows our main domain computers to connect to the VPN.  We are also installing a root CA and issuing certs to computers of other domains.  I am new to setting up this type of authentication.  I am unable to get the other domain computers to connect.  Do they all have to be part of the same domain?  This is for a government agency and it will be some time before we are all one domain.

1 Reply 1

Hi,
I assume you are referring to an Remote Access VPN on an ASA and using AnyConnect?
You could issue certificates to computers/users of the 2nd domain from the 1st domain (that the ASA can already authenticate) or if the 2nd domain has it's own CA, you should be to define another Trustpoint on the ASA and therefore the ASA would trust either CA and could authenticate connections using either certificate.

So therefore they don't necessarily need to be part of the same domain, it would make things easier for you though.

HTH
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card