Views
Helpful
Replies

NATTing Question version 9.x

Garrison Botts
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have two external ISP interfaces and need help with some nat questions.

I have a webserver that I wish to advertise out both interfaces.

The issue I'm having is exactly how to do it on the ASA with version 9.x code

ISP 1:  9.9.9.0

ISP 2: 8.8.8.0

object network webserver

host 7.7.7.7

nat (dmz,isp1) static 9.9.9.9

nat (dmz,isp2) static 8.8.8.8

I can't seem to get this working. I'm new to this code but the old code was so much easier with this....

3 Replies 3

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You wont be able to configure the Static NAT towards both ISP with a single NAT configuration. More specifically, you wont be able to configure 2 NAT statements under the same "object network"

You should configure it like this

object network WEBSERVER-ISP1

host 7.7.7.7

nat (dmz,isp1) static 9.9.9.9

object network WEBSERVER-ISP2

host 7.7.7.7

nat (dmz,isp2) static 8.8.8.8

If you want to read a bit about the new NAT format that was introduced from 8.3 onwards then you could have a look at a document I wrote here on the CSC

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-31116

Here is also another great document for someone that knows the old format but wants to know the corresponding new format

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9129

I agree that the old NAT configuration format in some situations was a lot simpler and you potentially created a lot simpler configuration. In larger environments and more special setups I do think that the new NAT configuration format is far more simpler/safer to configure and provides more flexibility. There are some issues with it that I still dont have clear answer to but for the most part it seems to work just fine.

Hope this helps

- Jouni

Thanks!

Hi,

Let us know if it worked for you.

Do remember to mark a reply as the correct answer if it answered your question.

- Jouni

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: