Need to configure HSRP in router,But i have only one gateway in ASA

Diwakar Dayalan
Level 1
Level 1

Need to configure HSRP in routers, But in ASA i have only one gateway

ROUTER 1-->ISP1

LAN --->ASA--->L3---->

ROUTER 2--->ISP2

in the above setup explain,In ASA, 2 interface used to configured VLANS , one interface for failover , One inteface for Uplink.And natting is done in router 1. I want to configure HSRP between the routers for each vlan so that i manage the traffic in ISP it need to go.Is there any idea to help me out.

Thnaks in advance

3 Replies 3

Kureli Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That is the only GW you need on the ASA.

The GW on the ASA will point to the HSRP address and not the physical address on the routers.

-KS

i have mutliple Vlan reaching to router which is passwng through, So for each VLAN i can create the HSRP i.e., virtual IP address so that i can decide the load balancing using the priority in which router it need to pass.By that way i'll be  having each gateway virtual IP.But in ASA i can only point one gateway.is there any other way to have mutiple gateway in ASA ?

And thanks for quick reply

I am not sure I understand why you want multiple default gateways.

You can have multiple HSRP ips for all vlans. and different routes pointing to the HSRP ips. There can only be one default route that will be used for packets destined to routes that do not match any other routes on the box.

PK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card