Views
Helpful
Replies

New Cisco ASA 5525-X without FirePower?

James Smith
Level 1
Level 1

G'day All,

I am trying to work out if I can by a new Cisco ASA 5525-X without FirePower services included? Or can I buy it and use the ASA just as a traditional firewall as I plan on using a 7020 FirePower standalone appliance for IPS, on the perimeter of a new network I am building. Could it just be a matter of buying the ASA with FirePower services and not buying a subscription or configuring the services on the firewall?

Many thanks in advance guys.

JS

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Tobias Svensson
Level 1
Level 1

Sure you can buy it without FirePOWER, Firewall edition (ASA5525-K9).

View solution in original post

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can buy it without any subscription (and not configure the service module) and use it just fine as a regular ASA.

While you can specify you don't even want the service module (and SSD), we recommend that you go ahead and buy that bundle in case you change your mind or want to repurpose it later. That makes the change easier should you choose to do that.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tobias Svensson
Level 1
Level 1

Sure you can buy it without FirePOWER, Firewall edition (ASA5525-K9).

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can buy it without any subscription (and not configure the service module) and use it just fine as a regular ASA.

While you can specify you don't even want the service module (and SSD), we recommend that you go ahead and buy that bundle in case you change your mind or want to repurpose it later. That makes the change easier should you choose to do that.

James Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Marvin and Tobias,

Thanks for you replies. It is greatly appreciated. I will probably go with the ASA with Firepower and not configure it and not buy the subscription.

Thanks again for attention.

Cheers,

JS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card