cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No able to connect asa 5505

victor melo
Level 1
Level 1

I bought an asa 5505 but with version 7.4 ... I neede to make it work but so far I can not even ping ..So I can not upgrade to version 9.4 

I don't even know if it 's a subnet issue but I keep getting no route found

I don't  if the problem is a wrong IP address or wrong command .asa111.pngasa102.pngasa103.pngasa105.pngasa107.pngasa108.JPGasa109.pngasa112.pngasa113.pngCan you please check and give me an advice? I am desperately trying to find a solution

Thank you in advance

Victor 

7 Replies 7

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What physical ports (Eth0/0, Eth 0/1) are the inside and outside cables connected to? I see that Eth0/0 (vlan 2) and Eth0/1 shut down. Unshut the physical interfaces so that the vlan interfaces come up as well. 

I am new in Cisco ASA 5505.I couldn't make it work so I reload the asa.
I am trying to make a route so it can ping and reach the computer, so eventually, I can upload the version 9.2.x.
I bought this device 2 weeks ago and I am not able to use it.
This is the new message:Cannot add routes, connected route exists

But either with that message, I can NOT ping from the firewall to computer, and that means I can NOT upload the latest asa image

Good afternoon..

I am new in Cisco ASA 5505.I couldn't make it work so I reload the asa.
I am trying to make a route so it can ping and reach the computer, so eventually, I can upload the version 9.2.x.
I bought this device 2 weeks ago and I am not able to use it.
This is the new message:Cannot add routes, connected route exists

But either with that message, I can NOT ping from the firewall to computer, and that means I can NOT upload the latest asa image

Can anybody help me, please?

This is frustrating...

Thank you for any help  in advance

Victor

asa120.pngasa121.png

I see you do not assign vlan1 to any of the interface. 1. add vlan1 to any physical interface. 2. make sure you type "no shutdown" on interfaces - both physical and virtual. 3. connect your computer to vlan1 interface. 4. now ping the computer from firewall or vice versa.
Please rate comments and support
with regards,
Venkat

Hello Venka..

I have done all of that and nothing works. Please check the Blue screen..

I can not ping the router either the computer.

asa124.pngasa125.pngasa-my-topology.png I am stuck and I am desperate. I checked the cables as well. I check the route table and I see the route, but I can not ping.

I have a ver y basic topology as you can see.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance anyway

Regards..

Victor

Hello everyone

1.-The cables are ok..but when connected to the router they turn red..if the cable is connected directly to the computer they turn green

2.-I tried with the command that you told me that allows to ping..nothing happens as you could see in the graphics...

3.-I don't know what else to do..I can not ping, and that means I can NOT upload the latest asa images...and at the same time, I can not use a lot of the features avaliable..

What do you suggest?
Faulty ASA? should I buy another one?bad configuration?

Thanks, in advance for any  idea or help provided

Victor

asa130.pngasa131.png

did it get fixed?

did you check any firewall issue on your pc. thats blocking incoming connection.

or try to change vlan number and see what happens.

-------

int vlan 1
nameif inside
security-level 100
ip add 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0
no shut
int vlan 2
nameif outside
security-level 0
ip add 68.191.43.172 255.255.255.0
no shut
!
int e0/0
switchport access vlan 2
no shut
int e0/1
switchport access vlan 1
no shut
!
route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 68.191.43.1(use your defualt gateway IP-address)
!
Above configuration should work well, you should be able to ping your firewall local
ip address and any ip-address directly connected to that interface.
Note: As 'inside' interface as security-level 100, it should allow all ip traffic.
- check arp entries in firewall, you should have remote pc arp in it.
----------------------

sorry i was busy with work and had no time check the updates over here.

Please rate comments and support
with regards,
Venkat
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: