cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ok so Seriously what is the madness with TFTP

Steven Williams
Level 4
Level 4

I have been at this for a good long time and have read all the articles about management-access inside, tftp-server inside, or outside. I literally CANNOT download a new ASA image from tftp over a IPSEC vpn tunnel? What is the magic potion here?

9 Replies 9

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

What are you getting as error message?
Just for testing, have you tried scp and/or ftp?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

msanlimit
Level 1
Level 1

ip tftp source-interface?

not valid for Cisco ASA platform

Hi,

Simplest approach just login to ASDM Tools > File Management > File Transfer > Between Local PC and Flash. Then image is uploaded through ASDM connection (port 8443 or 443 depending how you login to ASDM)

The file transfers, and then after it hits about 94 percent then errors out with "Error occurred in performing File Transfer" HTTP Response Code -1

What does you identity NAT statement look like?  Do you have the route-lookup keyword added to the NAT statement?

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

I sure do. I found that little gem last night but didn't help tftp.

Do you see any hits on the TFTP server when you try? Do you get the same result for FTP?

Could you try the following format.

copy tftp://1.2.3.4/filename.bin;int=inside flash:

I am assuming you are trying to upgrade/downgrade due to the ASDM file transfer bug (CSCvf85831)?

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Have you tried ftp and scp just to validate you're able to transfer a file first?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card