cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Older 8.2 ASA 5505 Last Chance

ixholla69
Level 1
Level 1

I've done everything I can to fix this beast and am wondering what are my options. I'm trying to get HTTPS traffic over a VPN tunnel, I've modified the group policy and the inside interface is an ANY ANY ACL.

i'm wondering if applying an ANY ANY ACL to the OUTSIDE interface will allow me to punch a hole in this thing getting HTTPS traffic across it? Will that do the trick?

I was also wondering if switching the Security level from 100 to 0 will do it as well.... Thoughts?

It's an INTERNAL/INTRANET Network so both INSIDE and OUTSIDE Networks are RFC1918 space.

Note: Other traffic gets out just fine, the tunnel is fine I just can't hit this one address. I'm hoping that if I just open the flood gates to everything it'll get through.

1 Reply 1

vrostowsky
Level 5
Level 5

So a couple of questions that you can look into-

do you have a proxy for HTTPS traffic?  if so, bypass the inspection on the host.

is your access-group statement out on the outside or in on the inside?  check the correct ACLs

is the host in the object-group for your destination?

do you have specific ports in an object-group in your crypto acl?

is the address you are trying to hit in your route statement?

can you ping the address?

I would not change the security levels, your acl will determine the traffic that can flow.  are you doing nat exempt for the networks you are trying to connect?  is your You can try a capture on the inside and outside interfaces to see that your traffic is reaching then natting correctly.

HTH-

Vince

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: